Quality Superflo pump
The self-priming Quality Superflo pump pump made by Quality, is currently the most used swimming pump in South Africa.
For daily filtration of residential swimming pools, use the following pump and sand filter combinations as a minimum:
0.45kW pump with 2 Bag Sand filter to filtrate up to 20000L water
0.6kW pump with 2 Bag Sand filter to filtrate up to 30000L water
0.75kW pump with 3 Bag Sand filter to filtrate up to 60000L water
1.1kW pump with 4 Bag Sand filter to filtrate up to 90000L water
1.5kW pump with 5 Bag Sand filter to filtrate up to 12000L water
Tips for selecting a pump:
- The size of the sand filter determines the size of the pump
- A bigger pump uses more electricity and does not necessarily equal better water quality
- To save electricity, look at the range of energy saving pump available by clicking here
- More filtration will provide more hygienic water and better water clarity throughout the year
- Consider using a sand filter in conjunction with a cartridge filter for better filtration, i.e. to “polish” As a result the water will be more crystal clear color.
- Design guideline: Turn the water once or more per day for residential pools and up to 6 times or more for commercial pools, all will depend on bather loading and the surrounding landscape or environment
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS OF Quality Superflo
The Quality Superflo pump is a self-priming pump. There are two ways to install the Quality Superflo pump. You can install the pump above or below the water level. If you choose to go below the water level. Be sure to connect a control valve on your suction pipe between the pool weir/skimmer, this will help to prevent your pump from flooding when you attempt to clean the leaf basket
Do not over tighten fittings into the inlet and outlet of the pump. Position pump on a flat level surface not exposed to flooding, as the pump motor is not waterproof.
An Electrical connection should be done by a qualified electrician. Most electrician will issue you an Electrical coc Certificate Be sure to earth the motor. Quality Superflo Pump should be installed in a weatherproof and well-ventilated enclosure away from all chemicals. Before starting the motor, open the lid of the pump and add water to cover the basket, place the lid back and tighten by hand. Never run the pump dry without water, and clean the pump leaf basket regularly.
0.45KW, 0,6KW, 0.75KW, 1.1KW, 1.5KW, 3-Phase Swimming pool pump 0.75KW, 3-Phase Swimming pool pump 1.1KW, 3-Phase swimming pool pump 1.5KW